Messenger is a new app that brings Facebook to your desktop. While you surf the web or use other applications on your computer, you can:When I logged into my Facebook account today, I saw a small popup box in the bottom right corner of the page suggesting me to install the Windows App.
Messenger lets you use Facebook without being on www.facebook.com. You will now be able to stay in touch anytime, no matter what you're doing.
Facebook Windows app banner
Though I do not use Facebook chat much, nor I like to receive ticker updates from friends, I decided to give this a try. So, I started by clicking on the "Install Messenger" button.
Installing Facebook Messenger for Windows 7
You will need to Windows 7 to run this app. If you are on Windows 7, follow these steps.
- Go to Facebook Messenger home page http://www.facebook.com/about/messenger
- Click on the Install button seen on that page. This will download a small setup file called FacebookMessengerSetup.exe
- Double click on the downloaded file to run it. Click on the "Run" button on Windows security alert.
- Continue the installation by clicking Install button.
- Make sure your firewall(if you have one) is configured to allow this new application to connect to internet.
- You are ready to go! Now you should be able to use the messenger to see ticker updates from friends and to chat with friends.
- Enjoy Facebooking!
- For more information and help, visit Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs).